Born: December 13, 1917
Death: October 27, 2007
Place of Birth: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category: Amateur Golfer
Year Inducted: 1972
One of Canada’s most prolific championship golfers, Nick Weslock dedicated his life to competing in the amateur ranks and succeeded at every age category. He won the Canadian Amateur four times and captured the Ontario Amateur eight times over four decades, while finishing as low amateur in the Canadian Open on eleven occasions. A seven-time winner of the Ontario Open as an amateur, Weslock also represented Canada on several international teams, including the championship-winning Americas Cup, Commonwealth Championships and New Zealand Centennial tournament squads.
Nick Weslock’s Record:
- Canada's Americas Golf Cup Team seven times
- Canada's Commonwealth Team five times
- Canada's World Amateur Golf Team three times
- Winner Canadian Amateur Championship: 1957, 1963, 1964, 1966
- Low Amateur Canadian Open Championship: 1947-1949, 1962-1968, 1970
- Ontario Amateur Championship: 1944, 1950, 1958, 1961-1962, 1965, 1969-1970
- Ontario Open Championship: 1946, 1949, 1959, 1962, 1964-1965, 1969
- Ontario Senior Champion:1969 and 1970
- Low Amateur in the Canadian Open: 1947, 1949-1950, 1962-1970.
- Runner-up Ontario Amateur Championship: 1943, 1945, 1951, 1953, 1964, 1971.
- Member of Ontario's Willingdon Cup Team twenty-one times
Other Items of Note:
- Nick Weslock was a Member of Canada's team that competed in the Humberto Almedia Cup Tournament and Sao Paulo, Brazil in 1970.
To view images of Nick Weslock from the museum collection, click here.
Previous - Mike Weir
Next - Gordon Witteveen