R. Keith Alexander
Born: July 23, 1930
Place of Birth: Vulcan, Alberta
Category: Amateur Golfer
Club Affiliations: Calgary Golf & Country Club
Keith Alexander is one of the few accomplished Canadian golfers who take their love of the sport from the course to the boardroom with the same zeal and commitment. The 1960 Canadian Amateur Champion and six-time Alberta Amateur Champion went on to win the 1992 Senior Golf Championship of Canada before turning professional and focusing his attention on the Senior PGA Tour in 1993. As an administrator, Alexander was an instrumental part of the Alberta Golf Association from 1968 through 1982, serving as President in 1977.
R. Keith Alexander's Record:
* denotes winning team
- World Amateur Golf Team Member: 1960, 1964, 1966, 1970, 1972, 1976
- America's Cup Team Matches: 1960, 1961, 1963, 1965*, 1967
- 1971* New Zealand Centennial Trophy Team Matches
- 1963 Commonwealth Trophy Team
- 1960 Canadian Amateur Champion
- 1992 Senior Championship of Canada
- Alberta Amateur Champion: 1957, 1964, 1966, 1977, 1978, 1981
- Alberta Open Champion: 1967, 1980
Other Items of Note:
- Member of the Alberta team in the Interprovincial Team matches twenty-six times.
- Medallist in 1965, 1970, 1976 and tied in 1977.
- An officer of the Alberta Golf Association from 1968 to 1982, and President in 1977.
- Member of the Alberta Legislative Assembly from 1979 until November 1985 when he resigned to allow Premier Don Getty to have a seat in the Legislature.
- Played a major role as the Alberta Golf Association representative in developing a world class, Robert Trent Jones designed, 36 hole golf course in Alberta's Kananaskis country.
Other Website Links About Keith Alexander:
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
R. Keith Alexander / Stephen Ames / Allan Balding / James Barclay / David Barr / David L. Black / Kenneth Black / Gayle Borthwick / Jocelyne Bourassa / Gordon Brydson / Dorothy Campbell Hurd Howe / Donald Carrick / Dawn Coe-Jones / Graham Cooke / Geoffrey Cornish / Gary Cowan / George Cumming / Marion Doherty / Phil Farley / Pat Fletcher / Bruce Forbes / Brent Franklin / Richard Grimm / Daniel Albert Halldorson / Florence Harvey / Mary Ann Hayward / Wilf Homenuik / Jules Huot / Karl Keffer / Ben Kern / George Knudson / William Lamb / Stan Leonard / George Seymour Lyon / Ada Mackenzie / Henry Martell / Fritz Martin / Roderick Hugh McIsaac / Jack McLaughlin / Gail Moore / Alison Murdoch / Albert Murray / Charles Murray / James Nelford / Jack Nicklaus / Moe Norman / Marilyn Palmer O'Connor / Bob Panasik / Claude Pattemore / Sandra Post / Ralph Reville / Clinton Robinson / Stephen Ross / Doug Roxburgh / Lorne Rubenstein / Cathy Sherk / Douglas Howard Silverberg / C. Ross (Sandy) Somerville / Betty Stanhope-Cole / John B. Steel / Marlene Stewart Streit / Alexa Stirling Fraser / Violet Pooley Sweeny / Gordon B. Taylor / Stanley Thompson / Mabel Gordon Thomson / Margaret Todd / Murray Carlyle Tucker / Lisa (Young) Walters / Mike Weir / Nick Weslock / Gordon Witteveen / Robert Wylie / Richard Zokol