Place of Birth:
Category: Professional Golfer
Golf Course Affiliation: Professional of the Royal Ottawa
Golf Club, 1911-1945.
Assistant Professional at Albany
Golf Club, NY, 1910.
Karl Keffer, winner of the Canadian Open in 1909 and 1914, was the first Canadian-born golfer to win our national championship. He was a founding member of the CPGA and held the positions of secretary-treasurer, captain and president over his 29-year involvement with the association.
Karl Keffer's Golfing Record:
- 1909, 1914 Canadian Open Champion
- 1919 Candian Open Runner-up
- 1926 Quebec Open Champion
- 1919 Manitoba Open Champion
Other Items of Note:
- Karl Keffer was a founding member of the Canadian Professional Golfers Association in 1911, its Honorary Secretary-Treasurer from 1914 to 1928, Captain from 1934 to 1937 and President from 1938 to 1940.
- Keffer is the only Canadian-born golfer ever to have won the Canadian Open.
To view images of Karl Keffer from the museum collection, click here.
Previous - Jules Huot
Next - Ben Kern